Wednesday, September 24, 2008

English, An eye opener to me

English, spoken widely across the United Kingdom, is my only way of communication with the locals. What really struck me was that my English contains a lot of Malaysian slang. This always create a blur expression on other people's face. Yes, that's right.. this could only mean my english sucks.

Back in Malaysia, my English is considered not bad among my friends. Everyone understands what each other was trying to say and if English fails, there is always other language such as Malay, Chinese or Cantonese to use. It is a different case over here because the only mean of communicating is by English.

I'd just remembered a few days ago my brother in Singapore called me and said that I need to improve my English. He keep emphasising that my English sucks. Oh well, guess I really need to work on my English.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend, I nearly got a heart attack after knowing that you have fly all the way to UK already! =p Just joking.

Well, it takes time to improve your English. So, don't rush. I am sure when you come back to Malaysia after one year, nobody will understand your English what with all those accent.

Anyway, do take care of yourself while you are there. My Tigger will miss you very much. (I do hope that you still remember my Tigger that looks like you)

-Tse Ling-

Adrianc said...

haha dont feel embarrassed with your english after all you can just tell them this is the way malaysian speak. Improvement is always a good thing. BTw that is what make malaysians so special lol